Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This page was originally created to help students enrolled in READ 322 find trade books for their certification areas. These books are listed by content areas. If you need help finding a book on a certain area, please contact Melissa Atkinson (contact info to the right).
- An * next to a book indicates the book can be found at ACU in the Juvenile section (3rd floor next to Curriculum, in middle stack section with initials "J F").
- All of these books are fiction.
- Most books on the shelf in the fiction section ("J F") are in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
- If a book is not owned by ACU, you can use the library catalog (link found below called ALCON) to put the book on hold from another library and have it sent to ACU (usually takes 24 hours, not counting weekends).
- Most books on this list have won awards or are named to Best Book lists from various states. Abbreviations for the major awards are listed below.
BBYA: ALA Best Books for Young Adults; BRB: Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbon Books; CSK(H): Coretta Scott King Author Award (Honor); LSRL: Lone Star Reading List; MLP(H): Michael L. Printz Award (Honor); MLB(H): Mildred L. Batchelder Award (Honor); N(H): Newbery Medal Award; (Honor); NBA: National Book Award; PBA: Pura Belpre Award; PHB: Phoenix Award Honor Book; RYAR: ALA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers; SOHFA: Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award; TAY: TAYSHAS Young Adult Reading List; TBA: Texas Bluebonnet Award; W: Whitbread Award (From the UK)
Director of Distance & Online Library Services