Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Use quotes to search for an exact word or set of words in a specific order, without normal improvements such as spelling corrections and synonyms. This option is handy when searching for song lyrics or a line from literature.
[ "imagine all the people" ]
- Add a addition sign(+) before a word to limit to all results that include that word. This is especially useful for limiting your results to sites that contain your search terms.
[+abilene +"city ordinance"]
- Add the term intitle: before your search term to only retrieve results that has your search word in the title of the web site.
- If you have more than one term that you need to have in the title then use the term allintitle:
[allintitle: +survey +abilene]
- To limit your searches to a type of web site, use the term site:
[+"small business" +site:irs.gov]
- To limit your searches by a type of file, use the term filetype:
[+"marketing books" +filetype:pdf]