Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Regulatory History Step 5: Instructions
5. Search for future things affecting the same issues as your regulation.
- Rules that might change your regulation are those that affect the same CFR section as your rule.
- Search for things published after your rule and that have the same CFR section as your rule.
- In federalregister.gov, go to Advanced Document Search.
- Limit by publication date on or after your regulation
- Limit by relevant events (rules, proposed rules, notices)
- Limit by Affecting CFR Part
- If you get too many potential documents, do additional limit by keywords to focus on specific issue covered by the rule.
Regulatory HIstory Step 5: Images